289 Bleecker Street

Located at the bustling confluence of Bleecker and Barrow Streets and Seventh Avenue South in the Greenwich Village Historic District, the storefront at 289 Bleecker Street originally housed an ice cream parlor and restaurant known as M.J. Dixon's before becoming the flagship store for the Pagani Brothers, who sold Italian musical instruments and sheet music, and record players and records for over half a century before selling their business to one of their employees. Reflecting a host of changes that were unsympathetic to the original 1862 store-and-loft building, a restaurant developer engaged GDPC to work with his design team to find a more appropriate design solution that would recapture the character and vitality of the original storefront while also paying homage to its former tenants. Gregory's input on the re-design and his presentations before the local Community Board and the city's Landmarks Preservation Commission were essential in securing the requisite approvals for this faithful reconstruction.

Read the testimonial here.

     Home :: Clients :: Tax Credits / Grants :: Nat'l Register Nominations :: Preservation Planning :: Resource Studies :: Research :: Presentations :: About :: Contact :: Media :: Events
EventsAboutContactPresentations Media Home Research & DocumentationCultural Resource StudiesPreservation PlanningNational Register NominationsHistoric Tax Credits / Preservation Grants Client Representation