Rockland Print Works

Located in West Haverstraw, the Rockland Print Works was originally part of Garner & Co., which between 1837 and 1909 dominated the textile industry in the United States with its multiple mill operations throughout New York and Pennsylvania. Largely constructed during the mid-late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, the complex embodies an unorthodox amalgam of Greek Revival, Second Gothic Revival, Italianate and Colonial Revival styles that together tell the story of the textile finishing process during this period. It is also significant as one of the country's first industrial cooperatives and now contains workspace for artists, artisans and manufacturers. Intent on preserving its important legacy, The Garner Arts Center engaged GDPC to list the Rockland Print Works on the National Register of Historic Places as a means of facilitating eligibility for grant funding and to finally bring recognition to this nationally significant resource.

     Home :: Clients :: Tax Credits / Grants :: Nat'l Register Nominations :: Preservation Planning :: Resource Studies :: Research :: Presentations :: About :: Contact :: Media :: Events
EventsAboutContactPresentations Media Home Research & DocumentationCultural Resource StudiesPreservation PlanningNational Register NominationsHistoric Tax Credits / Preservation Grants Client Representation