Eleventh Street Methodist Episcopal Chapel and Rectory

The former Eleventh Street Methodist Episcopal Chapel in the East Village includes a house of worship that was designed and constructed in a vernacular Gothic style 1867-1868 and a single-family dwelling (later, rectory) that was designed and constructed in a vernacular Greek Revival style c.1856. In addition to its architecture, the property is historically significant for its role in serving the highest concentration of working-class Irish and German immigrants in the United States during the mid- to late-nineteenth century through its charitable works and social programs. Having already been designated a local landmark, The Father's Heart Ministries engaged GDPC to have the property listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a means of satisfying eligibility requirements for future bricks and mortar funding.

     Home :: Clients :: Tax Credits / Grants :: Nat'l Register Nominations :: Preservation Planning :: Resource Studies :: Research :: Presentations :: About :: Contact :: Media :: Events
EventsAboutContactPresentations Media Home Research & DocumentationCultural Resource StudiesPreservation PlanningNational Register NominationsHistoric Tax Credits / Preservation Grants Client Representation